Policies at Tech101
AV Software Giveaway
Terms and Conditions
· General: By entering the Giveaway, Clients agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Tech101with respect to all aspects of the Giveaway, which are final and binding in all respects relating to this Giveaway. In the event of any inconsistency between these Official Rules and other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials, including but not limited to, the Giveaway post, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern.
· General liability release/force majeure: Clients agree that the Promotion Entities and each of their respective council members, officers, directors, governors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates, related entities, successors and assigns (the Promotion Entities collectively with such other entities and persons, the “Released Parties”) (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released and held harmless from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity or from Clients’ acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose, and disclaim any implied warranty. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claim that may arise from an unauthorized party’s use of the entrant’s personal information or entry for any purpose. Each entrant further releases Tech101 from any claim for royalties, damages or other relief and from any claims of authorship, copyright, moral rights or personality rights related to the entry or entries of the entrant or the use thereof. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Giveaway, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Tech101 is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen entries, email or mail or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. No mechanically-reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated entries will be accepted. Tech101 reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Giveaway. If the Giveaway is terminated or suspended before the designated Giveaway Closing Date, notice thereof will be posted on Tech101 social media account and Tech101 will (if possible) select winner(s) in a random drawing or drawings from all eligible, non-suspect participants legitimately received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Tech101 reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials or these Official Rules.
· By entering and/or accepting a prize, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, address (city or province), social media handle, Giveaway entry, comments, quotations, biographical material, photograph and likeness without further authorization, compensation, or notification, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of Tech101 with respect to this Giveaway, except to the extent prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting a prize, Clients agree that the Giveaway shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and only an Ontario court of competent jurisdiction shall have jurisdiction and venue over controversies arising out of, or relating to, the Giveaway. Clients hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have.
· Tech101 reserves the right to terminate or amend this Giveaway at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as originally planned, such as due to tampering, Tech101 reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway.
· Except where otherwise indicated , all intellectual property used by Tech101 in connection with the Giveaway, including but not limited to official marks, trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by Tech101. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
· All entries become the permanent property of Tech101 and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected Clients. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal and provincial/territorial laws
2nd Annual Student Giveaway!
Terms and Conditions
1. TO ENTER 2ND ANNUAL STUDENT GIVEAWAY (the “Giveaway”) you must complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on https://www.tech101.ca/news “the Giveaway page”. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Limit of one (1) entry per individual. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once, all your entries will be void. Giveaway starts at time posted on GIVEAWAY PAGE and closes on time stated on giveaway page (the “Giveaway Period”). There is one (1) grand prizes (the “Prize”) to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The giveaway sponsors are TECH101 (hereinafter referred to as the “Giveaway Sponsors”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario and [be eighteen (18) years of age or older]. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Giveaway Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Prize – There is one (1) prizes consisting of PRIZE. Approximate retail value of the Prize is C$129
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Giveaway Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after 8am on September 7th, 2022 ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. TECH101, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential winner by email provided the same day of the event. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must show proof of all requirements for entry. Acceptance of the prize assumes that the potential winner and his/her traveling companions has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Giveaway Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s, participation in this Giveaway and receipt and use of the Prize. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
7. By entering this Giveaway the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Giveaway Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Giveaway, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Giveaway.
8. All entries become property of Giveaway Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Giveaway Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Giveaway Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Giveaway is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Giveaway is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Giveaway including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Giveaway Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Giveaway Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Giveaway web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Giveaway Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Giveaway Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Giveaway including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Giveaway or from downloading any material from the Giveaway web site.
9. Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Giveaway, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Giveaway Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Giveaway. Giveaway Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Giveaway. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Giveaway Sponsors should be addressed to TECH101 at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. For Ontario residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Giveaway may be submitted as required by Ontario law. No substitutions or other value will be awarded in the place of the original prize giveaway with any mediation
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Giveaway Rules, Competition Act, and disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway related materials, including but not limited to the Giveaway entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Giveaway Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Giveaway Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any